Thursday, February 13, 2014

Will need caffeine tomorrow

It's crazy late here and I'm wide awake. Note to self: No coffee after 3pm.

Skin's going kinda crazy with the stress and all. Never in my life have I been tasked to start 4 stores in 9 months. The opportunities that are presented are crazy good and yesterday's taxi driver said "girl, when opportunities come, just grab. They seldom pass by twice". How apt. Angel in disguise?

I honestly have a lot of fun at work despite the stress and the workload. We literally laugh till we tear in the face of problems and even people I am least likely to click with have turned into friends. We wade through the choppy waters of weal and woe together so much so intensely that we are well familiar with each other's idiosyncrasies.

It's really a crazy girl school. Adult version.

I am so thankful to have colleagues I can call friends. I am so thankful to be in a company whose values are aligned with mine and be in an industry where my natural strengths and interests flourish.

It takes only minutes with me to know I'm an IT retard and I'm seriously scared of SAP systems. When they lapse or threaten to throw my progress into the air without landing in the exact way I want it to, I panic-BIG TIME.

I couldn't find the people required to help because I believe they are secretly in hiding. What was really funny today was that somehow, just at the right time and moment, one walked by enroute back to her seat, I "trapped" her and well..let's just say that moments later we had 10 of us, all girls armed with years of retail experience staring at ONE computer cracking our heads open like a ripe durian.

One later lamented that I was like a venus flytrap that just grabs whoever is walking by to help me.

Two hours later, we solved the puzzle and laughed and cried in those two hours. We cry a lot here because things can be so exasperating but we laugh so hard we cry too.

Sometimes I marvel at how sweet things are at this stage of my life. I was getting so pessimistic and depressed some months back it was so hard to imagine things could ever be rosy. Seasons come and go and faces change so while I'd like to remain impossibly optimistic, I know I have to be realistic to realize one day that this chapter too will end.

Nonetheless, I just cannot emphasize enough how grateful I am already for having experienced so much. Someone remarked and pointed out to me that I've had fantastic opportunities to break new ground in my 8 year career. I cannot agree more.

Thank you Jesus. Nothing without You. To God be the Glory.

If I succeed, the glory is all yours. If I fail, I land in your arms of grace and nothing will ever change the fact that I'm yours. And that's all I need.

I love you.

No comments: