Saturday, February 22, 2014

Thank you my friend for prayers

I got by today just fine thanks to prayers of my "saintful" friends.

One read last night's entry and prayed me through today. One didn't and uncannily texted me right when I woke up to pray. God must really be on my case and I'm so glad that even while I'm deep in slumber, He is on the watch! Truly we worship a God that neither slumbers nor sleep and I'm so grateful for that.

First thing I did at work was of course, check sales. I'm almost stock market frenzy fanatic but retail is detail so hey I did just that. One of the primary reasons is because my mentor/boss taught me that and the other is because if anything needs fixing and there is a lesson to learn, I want to learn and fix it or learn how to fix it. Things will never be perfect this side of heaven and to me, business is almost a beautiful combination of art and science. You can be so spontaneous and flexible but as long as you screw in tightly the right bolts and screws, hey, you have a beautiful piece of ....let's say furniture that serves its purpose.

And LO AND BEHOLD (Again, all praise to God almighty), we tripled THREE days sales on one quiet weekday. I literally had random people travelling all the way to the west and hauling stuff back. I don't know what they do..drink shampoo/eat soap/dessert with cream but they bought A LOT. I don't understand these people but am grateful for that. Ok. I do understand these people. I'm one of them.

Then I did the most brazen thing that I have never done in my whole life. This morning, in the cab, I was browsing through instagram and one of my friends who does Christian art beautifully captured the verse "ask and you shall receive" in this amazing penmanship and captured it. That was the last thing on my mind and when signs pointed to the fact that bonus was delayed and the payout was a date when I actually would be eligible ( you have to serve X number of months to qualify and I was ONE month shy)..I wrote to my boss brazenly and asked for my team's bonus.

Ok. I negotiated for a thousand things or more in life including exercise machines which I don't use but I never actually felt my work this time round was up to par. I'm not expecting anything stellar but a 13th month would be nice. This was a pioneer division and I know a lot of capital has been sunk in just to keep the engines going but my team and I have been working really hard despite being noobs.

I did it in a few words as politely , yet completely explicitly so if it was a dart coming, there was actually a straightline trajectory heading for bulls eye. After I hit the "send" button I was like.."what did I just do". Right after that, sales plummeted so we literally did better for a thursday than a friday.

I really don't know how this will pan out so now I'm back to shaking in my pants. I just told God while penning this post that if this comes to past, He must tell me exactly how much to give to who/where.

I can't say I'm absolutely confident of securing it and my self-esteem has been semi eroded over the years where work is concerned but as with many other things I've dreamt of in life, it is worth a shot and I know I will literally kick myself if I don't ask. I can't keep my mouth from mouthing my thoughts very long.

We'll see.

If I don't, praise God because whatever He has for me is more than enough and I am content.

If I do, praise God because I think a little treat will be nice and I want to be a blessing just as I have been so blessed myself. Hopefully, someone somewhere can access privileges and necessities (such as education/treats/food/clean drinking water and A READABLE BIBLE) I take for granted or it can open doors to relationships otherwise closed by seeding love.

I got saved because someone who was alive and provided for preached to me because of the gifting of the saints. I just want to pass it on. They were provided for despite the threat of looming poverty and were kept alive. I have been kept alive and well fed (too well) for so long I have to make something out of it beyond clothes, make up and handbags and shoes and ..I can't seem to ever punctuate this sentence so forget it.



No comments: