Saturday, February 01, 2014

Missing CNY 2014

Being sick is really no fun. I am terrible at being a sick person. I groan and cry like a baby.

It doesn't help that all clinics are closed during this festive season and I've got no strength to drag this body of a corpse to a 24 hour clinic that will charge me an arm and a leg for my sandpapered throat.

I called my grandparents to wish them happy new year in my almost non-existent voice. After that phone call, my voice box literally shut down and I couldn't utter a word till many lozenges later.

I cried and bawled like a baby coz I miss my grandma so much. It's just been so hard and just hearing her voice and not being able to have her sayang me like I was three is even harder. At the same time, i couldn't risk infecting their frail bodies with the flu so, thank God for the phone.

I've taken all my meds and instead of getting better, I feel worse. I believe this onset is unleashed by grief and my body knows exactly that its a public holiday and hence, I can be trapped at home blowing my nose without interruption.


No comments: