Monday, February 24, 2014

Anonymous

Shopping helps me to relieve stress. When some people get stressed, they drink, smoke etc. I have none of those vices but I shop-relentlessly.

Sometimes I window shop. Then I buy things for myself. Then I buy things for my husband. Then I buy things for others.

Then I get shocked to death when my credit card bill arrives.

One of my regular go-tos besides Etsy is Sephora. Unlike Etsy, I do not feel remotely like I'm doing any community service when I shop at Sephora. I do not feel like I'm perpetuating a living/purpose for people who are retired, giving a second lease of life to people who have been made redundant at their jobs or helping stay-at-home mums generate some income.

At Sephora, I am self absorbed and frivolous. So frivolous everytime they have a launch, I AM THERE.

My make-up wardrobe is turning into a storeroom. Soon it will turn into a warehouse if I don't stop. At work, I'm already given make-up for work. Then I go on and purchase my own. Read: recipe for disaster.

I have only one face. Not too much of a hypocrite here but I realize to utilize all that I bought and make it all worthwhile, I actually need an excuse to go out everyday. And I do. It's work.

But for all the make-up in my stash, I have to go out, touch-up endlessly and repeat the same process 10 days a week. And what did I do? I buy long-wearing , time-saving make-up. 12 hours without fading in this humidity. Clings to my skin like a dream.

I buy tinted sun block so I can skip two steps and not apply foundation. Then I buy a color correction cream with SPF so I can skip the sunblock. Then I buy a color correction primer so I can skip the color correction cream.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO AS A STEP 1??

What happened to wash face, tone, sun block, put on powder, conceal , fill in brows, throw on blusher and then dash out of the house?

I just added like 8 permutations of steps BEFORE that routine.

So like me. Always complicating easy things.

No comments: