Wednesday, February 05, 2014

getting better but still...

I hate "but"s. It always dismisses good newsby at least 50% like some imperfection on an otherwise perfect bag that has to dismiss its intrinsic value of perfection before someone is willing to pay a price for it. And not at full value to boot, because of one simple blemish.

I am really stressed about work tomorrow. I don't know how in the world I can pull off the next few gruelling months. I am really stressed because the expectations on me are set so high I can scarcely see the bar. I am stressed that my stressed assistant will resign so I have to appear all chill and relaxed and "in control of the situation"

I am reminded during these moments to keep my eyes on Him. The author and finisher of my faith. Lately, I've been praying for Him to reignite my dormant and stagnating faith. I need His Love, His charging power to carry me through and to believe in the impossible. To be higher than weed can ever bring you. (not that i've ever tried). I need that. And God, I implore, hear me, reach me your lost prodigal.

If I stand let me stand on the promise, that you'll pull me through, if I fall let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you.- Jars of Clay

No comments: