Thursday, February 13, 2014

Few friends

I let my colleague run the social media site of the business. I am officially an administrator and double up when her plate is full.

I trust her implicitly and sometimes leave the page of my own facebook account running while we update/source for pictures/ etc while linking to the business' page.

She scrolled through my page and while going through the newsfeed, we both realized that all the feeds were of news, shops, competitors' updates and of course, my beloved detective dramas. I had so few friends that I actively "follow" and care about "following" and out of this tiny puddle of people, some of them don't update regularly and we keep in touch via instagram across continents.

That really wowed her. (In a tragic way) and I didn't know how to react when she went "wow, you really do have very few friends"

I know. But I hesitate to tell her that in spite of all this, I am still incredibly blessed because these few are true treasures and they are living reminders of how good God is to me.


No comments: