Saturday, August 09, 2014

Progesterone woes.

About two days back, while having lunch with a friend, I had some light spotting and even though I was hesitant, she rushed me to hospital.

$400 and thorough checks later, we were both fine and there was no active bleeding and placenta was in a good position but my doctor, who would never take any chances and can be hailed as a protector of babies decided to put me on a month of progesterone to be safe.

Now, I have taken these hormones before but nothing prepared me for what was to come next. First day, I slept all through. It was one of the side effects and I was fine. I struggled to wake up to get my meals but I can deal with being sleeping beauty.

By last night, I was a weepy mess. I thought it would subside but it got worse. I ended up feeling so edgy I felt like the only way to cope was to throw things at the wall. I began a packing frenzy even though I was exhausted and clearly overstretched but couldn't get to sleep. i had hot flushes even though the rest of my body felt relatively cold. I didn't know what to do with myself. It is probably a confluence of all the chemicals sand changes that are happening now. Previously, in my first trimester, I was too busy puking and exhausted and even though I felt jitters, anxiety and moodiness, it was not near anything I felt today.

It is very hard to make a decision regarding this. On one hand, I wonder if I'd be creating harm if I did stop the progesterone (which prevents pre term labour) but on the other, I can barely cope by the hour with it raging through my system.

To make things worse, my husband is suffering from terrible work stress and I don't know whats with him but he has been sleeping almost non-stop since yesterday. I'm worried and have zero support from him.

moments like these and I wonder how I'll ever make it through.

No comments: