Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pregnancy hunger pangs

I honestly don't know if they get worse during pregnancy but I don't remember a time whereby hunger was SOOO unbearable when you only ate like 4 hours ago. I never had a habit of snacking and now if I don't eat any in-betweens, I starve like I've been without food for days.

And as I speak, I have a bowl of instant noodles beside me. Not the healthiest choice but we are really out of food. No, I'm just addicted to instant noodles this week. Hopefully this phase will pass.

Another strange fact I noticed is that I almost completely can't do without chilli paddy. I even started carrying some in my bag incase I'm out and can't find any. It has to go with almost anything and everything. My tastebuds are otherwise dead without it. I read that these cause baby to have hiccups in utero but...I NEED THEM.


I also tried to avoid suppers but honestly, I can't get past 11 pm to sleep without putting something in to eat. My hunger pangs get so serious I feel like my head's going to burst. I don't know what energy I expand during the day but this growing is taking a lot of energy. Thankfully, my weight gain has been less than explosive and I hope it stays this way.

No comments: