Saturday, August 16, 2014

happy day! Praise the Lord!

Today is honestly one of the best days I've had in a long while.

I did the normal, ate, puked and felt uncomfortable but the highlight was the gynae visit and then hanging out with one of my best friends, Cali!

I confided in my gynae about my concerns and he allayed most of my fears. Check-up also showed that we are both doing really well actually. Earlier on in the pregnancy, the baby was always on the small side and one week behind in readings for his gestational age. Last week, he caught up a little but this week, after the crazy scare and his mother not really resting, his weight actually shot up by 200g and is slightly ahead his gestational age! I couldn't really figure what I did that made the difference when I used to struggle to put on 100g. I ate pretty much the same amount and on some days, had to force feed myself. Then I realized that I ate the king of fruits, durian! It is super high in fat content and I'm glad it didn't all go to my arms but the baby.

During the scan, the baby was super active and again, he didn't seem to like the "paparazzi" and was kicking/flailing frantically as the ultrousound scanner came near him. I didn't care and was just so happy to see him. Dr also did a close-up of him on 3D just to cheer me up and when I saw him, I was stupefied. I can't say I wasn't happy of course but now that his features are more defined, he looked like a replica of Isaac's baby photos! I couldn't find the slightest trace of me. He had the face shape, nose bride and chin of the father! It might not be 100% accurate and he is still a work in progress but at first glance, one can definitely see the father! I am definitely ok with Isaac's looks considering that I married him after all but I would like to see some traces of me after all the puking, sleepless nights, etc. Isaac has a bunion foot and there was a very sharp picture of the baby with a foot that didn't have a bunion so I'm supposed to take comfort that yes, hello son, you have my FOOT.

But really, all these are said in jest because I'm so happy you're healthy and growing well. I don't even care that you kick my pelvis, box my stomach etc. Isaac sees my discomfort and tries to coax baby to not kick those areas but I'm like "nah, let him kick away. there isn't much space anyway". I go into momentary shock when I get that hard slam on my bladder/pelvis but after that I always find myself smiling. It's his way of interacting with me and letting me know all is well.

To say that it is a relief that things are going well is an understatement. I actually felt lighter despite being heavier. For the rest of the day, I was like on semi cloud 9 and even wanted to go shopping to celebrate. Not that I had anything to buy though. I have trouble finding clothes, shoes and anything really. My fave pasttime which used to be collecting make up and skincare? Gone...because my skin decided to be sensitive with pregnancy so I can't be too adventurous.

Cali had a good but short time catching up after coz I excitedly cabbed to her to share. She had some time off work at a very short notice today and it was so wonderful.

Then in the evening, I bought some of my much-craved food to celebrate from a nearby food haunt and now here I am, tired but still so thankful and happy.

Isaac says that I have my highs and lows (apart from hormones and natural disposition) because I rely too much on knowledge and not faith that God has heard, is on our case and has answered. I fully agree. But I thank God that He is not impatient and puts up with me and comes to my low level of faith.

Again, He has proven to come true.

So glorious, our God. I am so thankful and honored to be called to be his mother. I hope so many others will be encouraged to know that they are not alone and if you are believing God for a child, I am standing with you to see the fruition of your dreams because I know they're also God's dreams for you.


No comments: