Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Back on Progesterone

Back on progesterone again and it ain't pretty. I decided to go on it after a few ambiguous scares and not take any risks. My mood took about a day or so to totally crash and today was the day of the crash. Together with it came the resurgence of what seemed to be the carpal tunnel syndrome and when both hit, I felt completely alone and abandoned without help and being incapacitated, I crashed.

Up till yesterday, I was like a free bird and roaming around Sg with friends, alone and just taking it slow and easy while getting chores done. I even bought some storage solutions and planned to spend the week after it was delivered (this week and next week) to repack and reorganise. But with the hand being what it is like now, I have to rest it and not carry anything heavy.

Spent today and yesterday talking to C even though my hand was hurting from the texting. Am impressed with her bravery and strength as she copes with the uncertainties and complications of her own pregnancy. There's little I can do for her at this point except pray. She also has a less than 2 year old son who needs her and with her going to labour next week facing the complications head on, I cannot help but shake when I pray for her. I hate to admit but I fear for her. As her friend, I know I need to cheer hard and believe for her from the sidelines but I can't help but imagine and shudder when I put myself in her shoes.

Tomorrow, I'll be meeting K for a light lunch. Light because, I'll be eating with my left hand and when that happens, I eat a lot less. Looking forward to it because I think she'll take my mind off the pains of pregnancy. With her, we can laugh about anything else. I'm excited to hear about her life and her presence always comforts me. I only pray that Christ reaches out to her soon. I so want to see her in heaven. I know I'm not the best christian testimony and possibly her only close friend in Sg but I so cherish this friendship and hope to display Christ as much as possible to let her know how much He loves her.

Hopefully my body gets used to the hormones by then and I don't weep another day of tears and enjoy my friends and timeout even with the lack of mobility in my right hand.

OH and my storage delivery? They came at 11 pm to my horror. We were actually already in bed because isaac needs to get up early for school so I was rudely interrupted. I had to hoist my soccer ball frame up and waddle to the door. when I asked politely why delivery was so late with no prior notice, all I got was "for your information, this is within our delivery hours". It was not. 

Although I feel a surge of pity for the poor young GIRL who had to carry out deliveries at this hour alone, I felt angry with the company for scheduling this badly and though they have great value-for-money products, I really have to think twice before repeating my purchases.


No comments: