Tuesday, August 03, 2004

the NECK

If any of you ever wondered who the neck in the body of Christ is, let me reveal the answer now.

Its yours truly.
Or at least that’s the way I’ve been behaving for the most recent part of my Christian walk.

A certain man of God called Isaac quek whom im currently in a relationship with clearly is the leader in the relationship. In theory.

Jesus Christ, son of the living God, messiah of the world whom I am ALSO enjoying a wonderful relationship with is also the leader in the relationship. According to the word of God.

But the ‘reality’ I’ve been living in simply indicates otherwise. In the case of mr Isaac quek, I gently ‘affect’ the choice of ALL his/our decisions. when it darzen work, i throw a huge tantrum. and it still darzen work...some days he just wants to be firm.and i cant help that..

In the case of the Lord Jesus Christ, its even more embarrassing. Sometimes, He is forced to cease operation completely while I just..go on and on ..and on..on my own. And He just follows me around, in complete silence. I wonder if He is too stunned watching me go around in creating my foolish messes but He really does not say a thing and simply waits and watches.

THE NECK DECIDES WHERE THE HEAD TURNS
So much for being the head in both scenarios, I obviously hold the reins of the unofficial power. Alas!i was never called to this position ever in my life and its been extremely tiring not to mention draining. My refusal to rest is driving 3 pple nuts. Ok maybe not Jesus but I can’t say the same for mr Isaac quek.

And I apologize. The neck hurts a lot as a result of these unnecessary twisting turning and busying and is going to retire for good. Occasionally, there might be FALSE signs of reassuming the duties of the head but I am no senior minister wannabe. I am quitting the scene for GOOD.

Feel free to remind me if you need to. I promise I will not snap. I might even appreciate it.(if I’m in the right mood)
And the nxt time I sing “lord I give you my heart, I give you my soul, I live for you alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake….lord have your way in me”….i’ll remember that it actually means SOMETHING …and something very important.

selah

No comments: