Tuesday, July 13, 2004

listener

i need a listener. a good one.

was just scrambling around today trying to get this done and that settled and various problems fixed..at the workplace. only left me dishevelled and very much nothing else but a tired mess.

not fun.

at the end of today all i wanted and craved was for someone to listen to me, someone i cld pour out my woes to, to be able to expect comfort.

even a knowing nod or a gentle pat on the shoulder would suffice.(even if its imagined and its over the phone)

yet, now im sitting infront of my laptop typing, venting at God-knows-who bothers to read. and i've found one to listen and whofits the above description and so much more.

not my boyfriend. but Him.
yes, its Him alright again. why do i still go on looking when HEz right there following me around, witnessing the unnecessary duress and troubles i allow into my heart. my small heart.

He watched, and said nothing. occasionally, gently trying to remind me to slow down, that its ok. no crisis too big He can't handle and He has everything under control. but no, this is MY JOB.forgot that Hez my God.

He loves me so much. and at the end of the day, even when i'm tired and spent and i can barely utter a word to HIm, Hez right there all ready to listen, all ready for me to pour out and unload my trash unto.

there it is, someone waiting for me to come home. i look no further but within. found where i belong, my resting place. where my eternal shalom lies will be where i follow.

"and i am looking for the well that won't run dry, the rest that weary thoughts cannot deny. when you wrap your arms around me, i can way away, face the emptiest day"-caedmon's call.

No comments: