Monday, July 12, 2004

the great shalom

freedom to think.

thats a treasure not many people enjoy and it is so elusive. many are bound by the nature of circumstances and verdicts from man. be it doctors giving a bad report, or CNN, the list is inexhaustible. worry sinks in at the mention of bad news, at the onset of an unfavourable circumstance. especially whereby you know you aren't so special that you can be spared.before one realises, the heart is confounded, troubled. bondange.


i am spared.i am free to think. for someone paid the price for my freedom. at the cross that i may be immune the bad i deserve and qualify for the good i do not deserve.

very recently, certain events threatened to rock my world. (which seems to be extremely ironic as my life is held fast by the rock of all ages) my thoughts were disarrayed and for yet another rare moment in my life, i knew nothing but fear as the uncertainty of the outcome that i desired looms. i know nothing about faith there and then and trust me, it was impossible any good will come out of my situation, judging from the circumstances.

lost.


but this i do know now, and hold fast.(thanks to the prayers of many saints) is that...circumstances are volatile. Jesus issnt. no matter how the oceans rise and thunders roar and how fierce and violent the storms of life are, that threaten to sink my humble little sampan, because HE the God of peace is on my vessel, i am not sinking.

now, i refuse to assess my situation as the storm has not shown much signs of abating.i just wanto enjoy the ride on the inside with the one who's on board-sit at His feet, and focus on the one thing that is not rocking along with the storm and abide in that peace.

this is not an easy feat though. its only too easy to follow my five senses and be tossed about in the tempest. but i cannot afford that now. i'll be forfeiting too much.

i intend to appropriate and partake EVERY blessing that was left at the cross for me. as a result of someone who loves me paying a price i couldnt pay, taking my place as a sinner that i may be declared righteous before God and man. that's alot to forfeit for focusing on a storm that will eventually blow over.

not letting the word of God in my life be held hostage by changing circumstances.

no, i've had enough.

my enemy is defeated and i am a victor, an overcomer. this is the last straw and i'm not staying on the ground. i am picking myself up, by HIS grace and strength, to enforce the defeat that happened 2000 years ago on calvary in his life.

because i won.

"peace, be still"
-Jesus Christ
Messiah, Son of the living God.
the winner.

No comments: