Sunday, January 05, 2014

1st post of 2014

4 days into the new year and I'm still kinda living in the past. That's 2013 I'm referring to. I've been robbed of the holiday season with crazy peak periods at work and now that things are slowing down, I can afford to breathe but...where are the celebrations and gatherings?!?!

Isaac is going for a hiking expedition this week. I'm a nervous wreck. Anyone who remotely knows me knows I'm a true blue city girl and since he is forced to go for obligatory work reasons, I worry like a mother hen that he will not adapt and worse...make it back in one piece.

I have a thousand and one scenarios in my head, most unlikely to happen but nonetheless, stressful for me. As a teacher's wife, the first day of school has been even more stressful to me than my own work. I've been pretty much doing the same thing with the same kind of people for 8 years while he is a complete greenhorn in a brand new environment. Is he tough enough for those kids? Are they even kids? Will they turn into monsters mid lesson? (Examples of thoughts that run through my mind).

I cannot take anything for granted and I'm feeling so awful that we had a fight just days before we are going to be separated for a grand total of 4 days. I've contemplated calling up the school and to demand that as his legal spouse, I do not grant consent for a thousand reasons I can cook up from medical to well, my own problems but really, that's not right. No one needs to tell me. I know it like it's a banner waving in my face.

I definitely am being melodramatic but if this is the last time I see him, I want him to know that despite our crazy fights and HUGE differences, I know that he loves me more than anybody in this world and I love him too.

Oh weepy sappy me. I'll just have to go on girl dates, tv marathons and shopping to ease the blues.

Oh and work.

No comments: