Sunday, December 22, 2013

Memories of 2013

One will be surprised how much she can remember when things are coming to an end. 

With the year coming to an end, I find myself reminiscing about seemingly insignificant things that I thought would be filed loosely away in the "temporary folder" of my mind. 

I remember:
Cooking a lot this year. Putting together ingredients I never previously knew existed to whip up new permutations of dishes. Hours sweating over the stove, burns etc. Being able to cook everyday was indeed a blessing. I truly missed that.

While I don't miss washing up, the details in slow-motion are now rubbing though my mind like a playlist on repeat mode. It's tedious and I can feel the bite of the detergent and wondering ever too often if my hands will dry up. 

To be able to put my own concoctions on the dining table though knowing it filled the belly of a man I love was , however, worth it. 

Don't know when I'll get to repeat it. Maybe with washing gloves next time. 

Maybe. 

No comments: