Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Time, please slow down.

It feels like an eternity since I typed away at the keyboard. It is therapeutic and cathartic, akin to a pianist releasing one's emotions through lengthy compositions.

December always feels like a short month. It is the threshold before the door of a new year opens and it spells suspense and excitement to me. It is also choked full with events and workdays are extremely fast-paced but short. The door is ajar and I can almost peek in. Yet, I still don't know what's on the other side, nary a hint of what is to come.

I marvel at how fast time passes and fades away. How things evolve and change. I marvel that I'm here today, typing. I marvel really. Because I didn't think I could make it.

The airline sent a reminder that I'm heading out of town in less than 7 days. Yet it still feels strangely light years away. I do not remember me ever enjoying work so much. Yes, there are plenty of moments I feel exhausted but when your colleagues have grown on you so much you think you will cry with them and celebrate their best moments, work is a lot less dreary. Work is fun, dynamic and the other matters just fade into oblivion. I still scramble to tie up many loose ends before I head off for a short holiday but apart from that, I doubt I will dread coming back.

So yes, 2014. I think I'm ready. Bring it on.

No comments: