Friday, January 17, 2014

Husband

The husband scan be a real paradox.

One moment he's calling me a tigress, sending me reeling/roaring. Another moment, I posted on Facebook that I really would like a typo (read: Ryan sea crest's iPhone accessory) and the next thing I know, it's arriving as a no occasions gift mid feb.

He can be so generous with all things geeky yet scathingly honest and acerbic about my flaws.

People look at us and laugh and insist we are a match both made in heaven and hell. We provide humour. Sometimes I laugh it off, sometimes I get hurt. I've learnt to laugh it off more often than to take offence these days. After all, it has been 5 years. We've grown up.

We still have certain epic fights but I was genuinely surprised by this gift. Firstly, it's the only tech gift I ever wanted. Secondly, I'm more a bags/fashion/make-up (read: girly) kinda city girl. Everything he is not. He refuses to endorse a single penny of my bags and shoes collection and even threatens to throw them out. We now have a policy of buy one, must throw/donate one pair of shoes.

All things said and done, I am thankful.

All things said and done, we're MFEO.

No comments: