Wednesday, September 01, 2004

redeemed from the maluation.

i thank the Lord that He is never embarassed about me. inspite of me and all that i do.

yesterday i was in class with a fellow christian friend. and we were dozing off...because the lecture was just so painfully boring. and she casually said that its so bad she always falls asleep and its such an embarassment to our Lord.

i stopped short and jolted awake. not literally..but something inside me just pained. then i thought...if thats what it takes to embarass my God, then i would be guilty of many many other charges. i cannot even BEGIN to remember the innumerable times i have 'given Him a bad name'. and i honestly think that He doesn't want me to start.

"there is therefore now no condemnation..."

so the question is..."is God embarassed?"
i dun think so.with all of my heart. because if He was, He wouldn't have died stripped and naked on the cross for the world to see. He wouldn't take the scoffing, the spitting the abuse. for Me. when He well knew that 2000 years later, i'll be here, walking the earth in His glorious name and doing things that are well..not too honorable. and it's not just sleeping in class, cutting church queues. i shall not elaborate and leave all things under the mercy seat. thats where they belong anyway.

it's really nice and a huge relief to know that He took all my shame. and now because i have trusted Him to be my righteousness, there simply izznt a shred of shame to look forward to in life. no devil can laugh in my face knowing full well that i know i will have the last laugh...while looking at their master, headless and in pain...under my feet.

i honestly can't imagine Him slapping His face and covering it in shame because i've done something 'shameful' in human terms. can't imagine Him saying.."alamak...xinying is sleeping in class again.whole day sleep and sleep...15 years in sch alrady still sleeping.."yes He did turn red at the cross but not with embarassment but because He was covered from head to toe with my ransom-His precious blood.

i will nv nv be embarassed!simply because of His finished work. and its even better news to know that God is not embarassed of me! in the bible, He calls me His pride and His delight. ...yes..even me. and He shows me off with glee to all angels and pricipalities. i am His prized possession. which explains why it thrills His heart when i declare that i am the righteousness of God in christ. He is not ashamed at all to acknowledge that i am His princess...blur and sotong and silly as i am. okok..must change my lingo..see thru the eyes of faith, alert discerning and wise...yep yep thats me.

He is not ashamed of me and that makes me so so so so glad. when i was much younger, i was ashamed to say anything that is indicative that i am christian to pple who dun share the faith and the God. i think that must have pained His heart but all is forgiven and now i echo paul that we're not ashamed of the gospel of christ...the name of christ and all that He has done. if we were to be, alamak....its as good as saying we're ashamed to be alive, because thats the only reason we are..and how we are entitled to a glorious hope and future.

He can't wait to show me off and declare to all that I'm His! in my opinion therez nothing to show off, but its ok. its His opinion that matters anyway.

No comments: