Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pregnancy for a first-timers-20 weeks!

Pregnancy for a first time mum can be an exhilarating and nervous ride. It is a roller-coaster of emotions and with all the strange stuff going on in your body for the first time, it can no doubt be unsettling and mind-bloggling. At every turn in this ride, I worried and had my heart in my mouth. I often turned to friends who have been pregnant before for advice and thankfully, most of the time, they have gone through similar symptoms and their words undoubtedly assuaged my fears and comforted in my distresses.

That is why, even though I get a lot of bad scares from forums, I still turn to it. Like the old adage goes, "misery needs company" and it just is reassuring to know others have gone through queer, persistent symptoms and survived.

At 20 weeks, most of the puking has stopped even though I'm still suffering from that persistent, annoying cough that disrupts sleep and makes my stomach and chest hurt. Well, now my mentality is as such that I will be even more persistent and outlast it well. I hope it it soon coz it has been 12 days already. It might sound like a fleeting short time but when the tummy is burgeoning and you have a life inside you to protect, it feels dreadfully long. Thankfully, it is showing signs of wearing out.

Other than that, I have been progressing along normally. I have reached the half way mark but it still feels like a long way more to go. I pray that the rest of the journey will be smooth and uneventful. We've had a lot to deal with already and my heart needs to take a break from all the excitement. It all came, fast and furious and caught us unaware.

I am having my 20 week anatomy scan this saturday and I'm so excited and nervous I don't know how I'm going to sleep on friday. Praying all goes well and we receive plenty of good news to fire up adrenaline that can keep me going and distract me from discomfort!

No comments: