Sunday, July 27, 2014

Post bday celebrations!




We had dinner in etna today because I just couldn't eat on my actual birthday. Was puking really badly after tea with a friend and felt really uncomfortable.

From the start, I decided to go cheap and local while he decided to go for something fancier. I picked etna because I've always been a fan of Italian and the past few experiences were fantastic. 

And so we had these: 

And this 

It was ok but I was somewhat disappointed. I remembered heartier, tastier epic portions considering that this meal cost is 3 figures! Also, because I'm basically an oven now, I felt hot in the restaurant! I guess that's the normal temperature for other patrons though, bummer for me.

I was really uncomfortable and we left as soon as we finished our food. I felt bad coz husband really wanted to celebrate. 

So $15.50 of cab fare later, even though it was only a short distance away, we found ourselves in my favorite ice cream place, daily scoop! 

This place is vibrant with decently priced ice cream and the temperature is usually considered to be freezing for most so I thought it'd be perfect. My kinda place! Cheap and good! 

But..I found out to my dismay that it is official that my hormones have killed my taste buds. I ordered a strawberry shortcake on a cone and looked forward to tingling my taste buds with the sour, sweet combination but could taste pretty much nothing but the cold. Husband tried it and he said it tasted as good as before so we concluded that it was indeed just me.

Glad we went though because it was just happier, sprightlier and COLDER! 

So that's that! I think I'll just give up and celebrate next year. 



No comments: