Saturday, April 12, 2014

Harrowing night

Yesterday I came down with diarrhoea. Coupled with the constant puking, I strangely thought checking myself into hospital was a good idea but that was a whole nightmare altogether.

When I reached, I was attended to rather quickly for the first time in the ER and their first priority was to hydrate me. theyy tried to stop the nausea by giving me a drug I was allergic to.

To cut the long story shut, I ended up convulsing, not being able to move my muscles voluntarily, needing help even to urinate and not seeing even though my eyes were wide open. I was close to death I thought but somehow I knew it was just an ordeal and it'd pass. While it happened, they were slow to react and didn't explain to me what was happening. I was just trapped in my own body unable to say anything.

Ended up staying the night at the hospital and even right now, some 24 hours later, I'm still reeling from some PTSD at the thought of it all.

I would have left behind so many regrets. Now I just pray this quickly ends and my baby will be ok.


No comments: