Thursday, April 10, 2014

6 weeks

Life can be a tad more difficult when one body is trying to house two individuals.

After an epic puke-fest which seemed like even last year's christmas dinner was out through the chutes, I am now scavenging the kitchen for some dry crackers. Like the first break of dawn, I feel hunger. I have been repulsed by food since .....baby decided to make its presence known..

Even as I traipse through my own corridor to head to the kitchen, I smell the lingering smell of what reeks of someone frying bacon this deep into the night. It can't be and won't be but my nose hallucinates like a paranoid schizophrenic. It is so fearful of stimuli that might restart the whole gagging merlion act that it has decided to be hypersensitive to save my life.

Dear nose, I appreciate that a lot but life has to go on and this won't go on eternally. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Apparently just 3 more weeks of puking to go, if I'm lucky and I'll be delivered from the monstrosity of a nightmare that plagues me every night like it's time for cinderella to go home.

And...to the one who caused it all.

Dear child,

I can't wait for your arrival already. You have made your presence felt and heard and we love you already. I cannot imagine how much more I can love you than I already do. Given that, please don't take it for granted and insist on being the sweetest soul Mummy has ever seen on this side of God's green earth because you have caused me pain. Also, just be your cutest ever and you know I'll forget this ....tonight's atrocities ever happened.

Love,
Mummy

No comments: