Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Surprises-Who would have thought?

So I have some pending news. Some time ago, along with the disappointments, my mum gave me a prophesy she thought she heard from God. It was very specific. Needless to say, disbelieving and faithless me dismissed her and today, it came to pass.

I called her immediately and both of us felt goosebumps and shuddered. We gave praise to God and marveled at His faithfulness. Nothing is confirmed yet and even if it falls through again, I will learn better to walk by faith, not by sight and manage disappointments. Therefore, I will not let this lesson go to waste.

The important lesson here also is: LISTEN TO MUM.

I'm so grateful she is so sensitive to the Holy Spirit and walking so closely to God. She reads Psalms everyday along with other devotional readings and scriptures. She prays and she walks the talk. Who would have thought that just a decade ago, she was steeped in paganism, arrogant and power-hungry? These days, she is humble, a joy to be with and really radiating Jesus in spite of the trials that has beset our family.

Hope lives and Jesus reigns.

A pleasant surprise indeed. All glory and praise to the king of Kings.

No comments: