Tuesday, August 27, 2013

And the tide turns

It's strange how some things come full circle sometimes.

Today's interview went well. I didn't realize that till hours later. I was so excited the night before I woke up at 2.12 am. I thought it was at least 7 am because I felt quite energized only to realize I had only slept about 2 hours.

I turned up at the interview location 45 minutes early. This was a complete joke. The receptionist hasn't even reported for work and the building was empty except for the cleaners, who coincidentally were in the exact same color code as me. I guess coral must be really in this summer.

So this is round #4 with the company. After I thought they'd dismissed me time and again. Sending me over to the moon and crashing hard back at earth, shattering my little dream. Someone else took notice of me there despite being passed over. Well, to be fair, I've knocked on the same few doors for TEN years. No exaggeration here. I remembered the exact moment I made up my mind to get my foot through the door. Then, I had dogged determination. It was when I was walking through the backgate of my parents' old place. As I held that green rusty gate, I knew what I wanted to do.

For many fruitless months after graduation, I had every door slammed in my face for having "no experience", "looking too young". Today, I wasn't feeling exceptionally upbeat after the interview because my interviewer was completely emotionless. Like I couldn't read anything from his face at all. It was monotonous, matter-of-factly, ask and answer. As with all open-ended questions, I didn't know how well I fared and left entrusting the whole thing to God.

Hours later at 4pm, I got a call and lo and behold, my interviewer now told me the head wanted to see me tomorrow because I got a glowing report and almost perfect score! Tomorrow will be round #5! I felt like a contestant in one of those shows like American Idol. I just hope tomorrow's panel won't include Simon Cowell. Anyways, Glory to God because I was sooooo sleep deprived and at times, I wasn't sure what I was saying hit the nail on the head.

I'm really psyched up now despite the physical fatigue. They unveiled a fantastic DREAM project for me. Bigger than my wildest dreams I nearly forgot to talk about remuneration package. I am still a tad cautious because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment if this doesn't work out but nonetheless, I think I should give myself a little pat on the back for coming thus far and continue committing it all to the God who loves me so much every step is perfectly ordained. I cannot say that I will not be disappointed if I don't get it but after enduring so much disappointment in this compact time vacuum of August (which is not even up yet), I think I'll handle it better.

Will update with news. Keep me in your prayers!

No comments: