Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lost

In my estimation, the interview went really well even though they thought I seemed to be more qualified for another role, one that is similar to what I've been doing all along. I meekly protested against it and re-stated my preference for the one I applied for aka the one that they were supposed to be interviewing me for.

I am in a dilemma right now. I am not so much afraid that I won't get the job but I'm afraid to land the wrong job again. What if this is yet another job that will take me away from God and my family for too much and too long? What if it's just my ambition wreaking havoc again because this is 1)a prestigious company and industry leader 2) it's a once in a life-time opportunity.

In any case, I hope they don't get back to me so soon. There'll be 4 rounds of interview (kinda like the Idol show) and then I'll know for sure if I'm selected or not. Of course, they are also pitting me against many others who are way more qualified than I ever can be.

But if I don't get the job..then what? I can continue running the outfit that we have been doing for the last 3 years although it's increasingly less feasible. OR I could just be a mom. IF we can afford it. I don't know and I think my heart lies with the last option but I think of all the odds against us and I am just back to the square one of lost.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

John 10:

9 Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.

10 But if anyone walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.”

Keep walking with Jesus darling you will not stumble.