Thursday, March 03, 2011

Insight from a friend

In light of the recent upheavals and mayhem in my friendship with a particular someone, my friend poured forth her wisdom that provided valuable insight to my psyche.

At the demise/betrayal of a relationship, I always allow the endless hauntings of 'why's' harass me,robbing me of peace and joy. I want answers.

Why did you dump me?
Why did you betray me?
Why did you do this knowing it'll hurt me?

I have spent the last 27 years of my life in naïveté, convinced that 1+1=2. That if kindness begets kindness and loyalty begets loyalty. And just because there are no obvious answers to why people behave in ways that cannot be explained by this simple equation that should govern human relationships, I find my soul embedded in hurt and puzzlement with no closure at the sudden demise of a relationship, no matter how old it is.

Without these answers, I get no closure and I just go on wondering what drove people to make such decisions and what is wrong with me that makes them do things that will compromise me.

I'm not sure if I'll ever stop wondering why but I've arrived at the place whereby it will no longer surprise me when relationships Ho awry even when all the necessary ingredients are in place and the recipe is followed assiduously. It takes 2 to clap and for now, my deduction is that you, you, you and you just didn't care enough to do your part so I'll take my leave n walk away.

Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: