Saturday, January 08, 2011

hubs is sick.

Isaac caught some flu bug 2 days ago. Apart from the sniffles, I'm still holding out. His fever has receded and then came back with a vengeance. 2 visits to the doctor later we emerged from the clinic with 'upgraded' antibiotics.

The poor boy has been in agony. He sleeps most of the time and I cancelled most of my appointments to be at home to serve and nurse him. He hasn't been this sick for quite awhile. Come to think of it, he hasn't really had a flu since he started consuming the crazily expensive cordyceps everday.

It's a little odd that the tables are turned. Usually I'm the one in bed not being able to breathe and feverish. It's actually quite nice (in a weird way) to be the one serving and nursing. While I fully empathize with his pain, it's quite 'refereshing' (if I may use the word) to have him at my mercy and talk less. On my end, I am more obliging and is busy whipping up healthy porridges infused with every available flu-fighting nutrition.

I may have to cancel and bail out of the wedding after all and serve my notice with an ang pow instead. Friend wouldn't be pleased but I doubt my absence will be noticed. It wouldn't be right at all to leave a man who is my covenanted husband at home alone when he is debilitated and weak from almost 39 degrees fever. I'd just feel safer being around checking on his temp, sponging him every now and then, feeding him and making sure he gets enough fluids etc.

No comments: