Thursday, January 27, 2011

:/

Had my first reunion dinner with my family today. Was a costly affair but I guess it was worth it. Been awhile and there wasn't a hint of any of the past turbulence in my relationship with my parents.

Isaac had a good chat with my straight-as-an-arrow brother. When we asked how was his Israel trip, his answer was a simple 'good'. When we asked what he saw, he went 'mountains and blah blah'. Hardly worth the 3k + the parents spent to send him there. And believe it or not, he didn't take a single picture! He didn't even bring his camera or took anything with his iphone. SIGH.

Was supposed to help and plan steamboat dinner for homegroup but it is starting to look like a logistical nightmare. Simon just invites and scaled it up without considering the details and now Joanne and I are flabbergasted that we have 20+ people and..no steamboat. She already ordered most of the raw stuff so we can't even cancel and switch to a restaurant instead. To top it off, we don't have enough tables and chairs! Oh well.

On another note, I'm still woozy. Nearly fell back when I stood up because I was so lightheaded. I wonder what's wrong. I was given a clean bill of health by the doctors but there are these persisting symptoms that suggest otherwise. I eat well, sleep (quite) well. And, inspite of the crazy incessant over-indulgence of food in HK AND BINTAN, I managed to lose weight. I suspected hyper-thyroidism but I'm apparently all clear in this area. But I'm not new to this. I've realized that in the past, the more I eat, the more weight I lose. It seems like my metabolism increases when I erm..exercise my jaw.

I am uber weird.

No comments: