Thursday, January 06, 2011

Broken wings

My achilles heel: getting too self-absorbed.

When it rains just as I step out of the house, I think all about my inconvenience and how it must always rain on my parade. I get frustrated. It does not occus that everyone else , under this same piece of the stormy sky is also inconvenienced.

Life cannot be rich when it's all about self. I introspectively examine my failures and focus so much I forget that the earth is still rotating on the same axis and that Jesus is still coming back.

I realized everytime I board a plane headed to somewhere, I somehow never fail to get surprised when the plane lands in another destination. I never fail to marvel that a single tubular vessel can defy gravity and take me away from home. But I was born to travel, to find romance roaming alone through streets with the Lord. In my apparent solitude, I feel peace and appreciate His sweet company. I can afford to get lost. Unlike life now.

I am always in a hurry to go somewhere but am always a crying mess when I have to say goodbye at the airport. Isn't it so strange that I'm fiercely independent and yet my heart clings to so much at home.

I have my best moments on the plane. I watch all the movies I don't get to watch and because I can't work, I am 'forced' to make myself comfortable (no matter how cramped the seat is) , recreate and talk to God. Many of the times I hear His whisper most clearly, it is on a flight. I am more tolerant of discomfort in the air. I don't know if this enhanced closeness to God has anything to do with the fact that I'm in the clouds.

Was born with wings but now they're broken.

Isaiah 40: 3
...they shall mount up with wings like eagles...

No comments: