Sunday, September 24, 2006

my breakthrough is here.

this is not easy for me to share but i'll do it anyway. i am so full i have to testify.

maybe some of you already know that my relationship with isaac has never really received the full endorsement of my parents , especially my mum as isaac does not meet the natural requirements of what should be the perfect guy for her daughter. he was the anti-thesis of her. being extremely steep in her chinese traditions, isaac being the one who consistently fails chinese and having no clue about what is appropriate at all did not gain much favour. and she'd really much prefer someone who is spilling over with money.because this daughter of hers cannot afford to go hungry. for one single moment. (dun laugh)

she carried too many fears from her own marriage and relationship and the last thing she wanted was her daughter to walk into those exact footsteps. its always been a sore point in our mother-daughter relationship as well as a pain in my heart. i prayed till i gave up and brushed it to the back of my mind because it was a disappointment that was never resolved. i don't expect them to be best friends but i just wanted my mum's blessings. even when i forgot (or tried to forget) for the past three years, God never did.

i let that desire die because i couldn't face up to the fact that God never answered that prayer. it was too painful to deal with it because i hate to confront the fact that it might signal that my God has forgotten me. or that i'm not important enough to warrant His attention.

in the past few months however,i've been meeting random christian strangers and men of God who just feel led to deliver a word of God to me. even during my trip to melb, these interjections of the SAME word did not stop. all they wanted to deliver was a simple message: your breakthrough is here.

i didn't know what that meant. i felt like my life was pretty on track except for a bit of career distress and that my walk with God could be better.

in short,i didn't remember what i thought God forgot.

today during worship in church, my mum engrossed in worship heard the voice of God speak to her. He strictly told her to forgive any trespasses of anyone who has offended her and proceeded to tell her specifically to accept and bless me and isaac.

my mum, being the God-fearing woman that she is wept and struggled. God had spoken but she still had to be unknotted inside. but i guess she conceded that if God could entrust isaac with me, she'd better follow suit. that led to her praying for him and his career..and then us.

my breakthrough is here.

i thought You'd forgotten. i'm sorry i doubted. thank you for being so faithful Jesus.

the river runs and the river hides
out to the ocean and under the sky
i promise you, the answer will come
hold on to patience and watch for the sign
everything in its time

coz maybe there's another plan
one i still can'tsee
a little surprise , like your love in my life
funny how time changes how we see.

-everything in its time-
corrine may


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Big Hugs ** :) you have no idea how much joy and smiles your post brings me. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. GOD IS AWESOMELY GOOD. thank you for shairng the testimony

Anonymous said...

indeed He's so wonderful ! =) i'm SOOOO HAPPY For you!!
3 yrs indeed a long time..but the waiting is never wasted =) your journey with isaac is going to rise to higher levels! *hugz*

ok now my turn. heh. ;)

CaLi said...

Hi sweetie.... I'm so so incredibly happy for you! Your breakthrough is indeed here, and with it comes many more great things for the future.

He delivers. Every time. And in His time. :)

See you soon okie sweetie! We must catch up. muaks.