Wednesday, September 20, 2006

ancient ruins

the lord brought me on a tour of ancient ruins in this trip. here in melbourne, not in angkor wat or rome. i saw how the events of the past shaped my present wrong attitudes and wept bitterly over them.

just when i couldn't feel more broken, He gave me words of life that teleported me right back to the cross, to HIm- the giver and source of life and allowed the liberty bell to ring so loudly i still smile with great grattitude and joy when i hear them.

how beautiful. thank you Jesus.

I really see the necessity and God's hand over this trip. He's been nothing short of real to me and giving me great fellowship and prayer..allowing me to break in the quiet sanctuary where trusted people are around. and for that, i'm so thankful.

then He restores and whips me back into a hurricane of joy. it's like a chocalate fountain. beautiful molten and sweet. infused with love. i know its notjust an endorphin rush but a true steady stream of peace and joy. true richness of life.

it's not just about waking up to a cool morning, birds chirping and friendly stranger that makes life here great. the true key lies in the fact that everything here forces me into the quiet with Him while i confront all the knots in my soul (and despair over them) before i cry out in sheer desperation for Him to unknot me.

There's nothing i want more than to be an avenue for him to shine through to bring GREAT glory to His name. I used to think about it so conciously and m issed the simple truth that God gets the great glory when i'm happy and enjoying Him..when i can smile in a storm and let Him live His life through me. Its nto about achievements or merits and the conquests won in His name. It's about truly acknowledging that ''it is no longer i who live but Christ who lives in me''.

the great divine exchange of His death for my zoe life.

=)

**
selah.

No comments: