Thursday, July 14, 2005

who am i?

that memory is etched indelibly in me i can't erase it.and its so back to haunt me.

my convocation is in a few hours and thats why its here.togive me the same jitters.

always had trouble responding to my name. maybe because of the numerous variations that have been concocted. it sounds different everytime someone says it. at least it is the case to me. many pple i know remember screaming for me in canteens, in town, in the toilet, before i walk into the lampost etc....but failed to get a response.

but this was really the classic quintessential incident.
when i was 6, graduating from kindergarten...i was sorta the 'valedictorian' fo rmy class. basically all i had to do was collect all the scrolls on behalf of the graduating class when they called my name. and bow abit.

and despite making 3 announcements for me, and i was standing right there on the stage, ididn't respond and the whole audience just stayed there stunned. i wazznt paying attention. i was looking for my parents in the crowd and got so distracted i didn't hear my name being announced over and over..until someone pushed me from behind or something...and i scuttled forward.

and of coz all this was recorded on tape.

and tomorrow will come in a few hours and here i am playing endless scenarios in my head of myself tripping, with my batgirl suit (graduation gown) falling off somehow OR...not responding when my name is called.

No comments: