Wednesday, January 26, 2005

one of the emptiest days

i went around town with Jesus to look for a nice pair of slip-ons but i ended up with a pair of shoes instead. like them alot and got them for a very good price. thank you lord. and i met stella ng on the way. just a side mention. but i still need nice slip ons. that i can afford. yes.

den got a lift back from my dad who came to pick my mum up. and she started asking me if i have started sending out my resumes. to her horror, i told her i am not even sure if i know what a resume looks like. the rest of you can join her in the horror club. its ok. i'm used to people staring back at me in horror forwhatever reason. it darzen affect me all that much anymore. the same way i am horrified why God loves me. or sees beauty in you.haha.yah. nevertheless, praise Jesus.

so my kancheong mother proceeded to tell me that i should probably contact her cousin who works in some recruitment company who specializes in head hunting the best for specific jobs. she said i really need to pull strings. for the life of me, i can't even holdon to any thread much less have to strength to PULL any string. so once again, she was horrified. its ok. she said i need to rely on pple i know to get introductions for positions, Fortunately, the only one i know who can provide the job that i can handle and will pay me decently is Jesus. and when i said that, a deathly silence reigned in the car.

its really ok. i have sub zero faith in myself too. so i dun blame her. sometimes i have sub zero faith in what God can do for me too. but its ok. i am still never disappointed despite worrying quite endlessly. actually more than pleasantly surprised should be a more appropriate description.

so i went on my way, continuing to pretend to be a zombie to avoid having to answer anymore job related questions. den i heard my mum screech. and realised that she drowned my discman in her bag. i was surprisingly calm. not because i know that discmans are dirt cheap these days even since ipod and the creative zen thingy arrived on our shores. well, even so, i cannot afford them no matter how cheap they are. and forget ipod, or the zen thingy, cheap or not, i wun be able to use it. technophobic. i would gladly carry a mini-compo out if i could. if my mum is too giam to get me one, then Jesus will pay me back and restore it to me. yes...i want discman not some savvy pod or zen thing. afterall, its her daughter that drowned my discman. so naturally, i complain to her father lah.

so finally im in my room, savouring the silence and peace.

den i checked my email. and darling nus sent a mail to ask me to filefor graduation.

fantastic.
==============================================================
Hez been addressing one of my age-old concerns of late. at least once everyday in many ways. sometimes spectacular, sometimes just plain humorous but always Jesus-style.

its really sweet.



No comments: