Monday, August 28, 2006

a day in the life of me

inspired my niq. whom i met for lunch today. coincidentally, having lunch with a friend is the only ' normal' human activity engaged today.

i didn't sleep again last night. not a wink and i stumbled to work almost headless. it felt like my head was empty. (pls dun laugh and agree). it was horrible and i was miserable. if not for the fact that the last cockroach was found under the table, i'd have gone under the table to take a nap since i was alone.

then came two meetings back to back. and another two, completely unplanned. i hate it so so much when people drop by unannounced and announce instead that they want me to do this this and that that when i don't even have the authority to. what they mean is they want ME to tell my boss what to do. as if that was the normal scheme of things either. i don't understand people. but then again, as my colleague frequently insinuates that i'm abnormal by going 'seriously, where did you park your spaceship?' ..i suppose they're the 'normal' ones after all.

so unannounced man decided to digress when i was already late for lunch appointmetn with niq. to discuss instead that i should have more boyfriends. amongst many other things. and even TRIED to quote scriptures from the bible (we attend the same church,to my disgust) to qualify himself. he insisted the verse to date more was in the bible. so i gave my bible to him and true enough, he didn't find the said verse.

i erm appreciate (sorta) his concern about my lifelong happiness because this man often drops by to give me career advice too. such as "you are in the wrong line!i'm gg to tell your boss!you shd be a singer!"

yah stuff like that. wait till he hears me sing. hurhur.

the ultimate highlight of the day is that i got a treat at hagen dazs!thanks to another nice man. perks of the job followed by a full-length interview as to why 'strawberry cheesecake' is my favouritest flavour.

ok theother highlight is that today my boss spoke to me about my jobscope. as some of you know, i'm currently 'bao ka liao'. from operations to techinical stuff to leasing/marketing and endless reports. then he broke the news that like at least 3 people will be coming in to take over areas of my portfolio and when he said that i was like 'huh?den what will i do?"

THENNNNN *drumrollllll*

he said i could concentrate on leasing which was wat i always always always wanted to dolah!!when i joined the company i told them that was what i wanted to do, but they said i got wrong degree wrong this no experience etc etc. and they asked me to do operations. and after tt colleague who was doing leasing left so i took over. den i thought whenthey hire someone, i'd go back to sad sad operations but TADAH!!!praise God. i got what i want and i get to concentrate on it.and now they're even getting someone to train me in all the legal and dunno wat stuff abt leasing. so that i'll be really trained and earn some credibility.

ok i'm so very thankful.praise God.i am amazed by how He so ingeniusly orchestrated behind the scenes just so He could give me my heart's desire. and now that i have like knowledge from theground and operations, its really a double edged sword that will truly give me an erm..edge.i'm so amazed at how i got entry into this industry , the opportunities and the opportunities even when i don't have anything in the natural to qualify myself for the job.

the latest?i've even learnt to read drawing plans of buildings that go beyond the floor layout. but stuff like plumbing plans, electrical wiring plans etc.

i'm fine as long as they don't make me draw lah. i mean for my previous job i literally donned a helmet and climbed into construction sites in my heels to survey the site. so i'm already very thankful for this.

**

drink coca cola pls.

No comments: