Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Processing grief

Today I found out that one of my favorite people on earth just went through the trauma of having had an ectopic pregnancy. She found out about the pregnancy and that it was ectopic within the same day. Before she could even process the details, she found herself being wheeled in for emergency operation to terminate the pregnancy because it could prove to be potentially fatal for her as the embryo grew in her fallopian tube.

I cannot quite describe what I felt upon hearing it. I felt sick, to the point of nausea and grief. I felt so much for her and knew she would be a great mum. I felt the searing pain of her loss even though it wasn't my child.

At the end of it all, I think I feel hope resurrected. That though I don't know why things like these happen to the best of us, a one who has walked so closely with God and has a heart so big and generous, I am sure God will restore and resurrect dead dreams. I am confident that He is still good in the midst of it all and I take comfort that He will and is walking her through this painful episode.


No comments: