Sunday, July 28, 2013

Overheated

My posts are usually late-night musings.

This is a rare exception.

I'm literally melting in this weather despite the AC being on.

My pasty skin doesn't reflect how bad it is but it is so hot I can imagine my hair standing from the ferocity of the heat.

And WORST of all, the heat has penetrated my body. Me, the TCM junkie who is all about keeping the fine balance between cooling and heating elements over indulged in "heaty" food over the past week and is now paying the sorry price for it. I have fierce zits on my face that remind me to "cool down" and drink water (I drink way too little) and ulcers on my tongue (as if to punish me from over-eating). They are so painful I feel like the only thing I can eat is ice-cream for all my meals. I'm really fine with this.

So there, birthday week. I'm 30. But I still need to obey natural laws of "reap what you sow" and there are still no exemptions from careless debauchery and gluttony.

:(

Turn off the sun now.

No comments: