Friday, January 27, 2012

Idolatry

The first idolatry introduced to me was the worship of self.

Growing up, I was the only child and grandchild. I was highly favored and soon it was obvious to my young psyche that everything does revolve around me. People would bend over backwards at their own inconvenience to make me happy. I reigned over them and my happiness or lack of it would spell the same for them.

I was spoilt rotten.

But the real god that really ruled and tormented me over the last 10 over years was money. The bible clearly says that we shall have no gods other than Him and the love of money is the root of all evil. I have worshipped money discreetly in my private chambers of my soul while claiming to be a believer in Jesus Christ. I have allowed money and the apparent lack of it to govern my decisions and direct my life. Jesus doesn't have the last say. Money did.

Today I renounce it. I take the filthy god off the throne and reinstated the Lord Jesus Christ as the king of kings over the throne in my heart, where He rightfully belongs. I smash the idols of money and I want this with all my heart that this will be the last time it ever has a reign over me.

I will not serve this god anymore or any others besides Jesus.

No comments: