Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Post CNY

The fatigue is really taking a toll.

I definitely overdosed on my Aunty's sedap curry and now my throat is threatening to rebel against the harsh treatment.

Overall, I survived CNY. I rebelled in many ways also and there's officially a stand-off/cold war. I made my point and I'm leaving it at that. Great sense of relief and it is so liberating to finally allow my silent screams to have a voice.

I was all determined to have a restful CNY and not oblige to every single invitation and repeat last year's nightmare of endless cooking and cleaning. It didn't work. I managed to escape the slave of kitchen bit but still exhausted my days going out to meet friends. I'm glad these people insulate my attempts of 'hermitdom'. I am so unwilling to crawl out of my shell these days and so relish reading and other solitary activities. In the silence, I can be myself and while that's not always a good thing, my favourite part is being able to hear and sort out my own thoughts. In the past, I just always had too much stimuli.

Now, I'm preparing to restart work. Still don't know where God will lead and how to navigate these unchartered territories. Hope it works out.

No comments: