Tuesday, January 02, 2007

buried

when i get obsessed, i'm really obsessed.

duh.

the insatiable kaypoh inside me needs to know everything possible once a particular topic catches my interest. so, to add to my collection of biographies/autobiographies of people i'm deeply interested about...i've been buried in selwyn hughes' '' my story''.

till i climb out of the pages, this blog will prob lay collecting dust. a lot of dust. its a very thick book lor.

this part really struck a chord with me :

"i think i shall always remember this difficult and black period with a kind of joy that i could not have believed possible. For during that time I learned invaluable things that have made me a better person. I knew there would be other lessons I would need to learn up ahead, but for now I had learned that life is all about letting go-letting go of those things that hinder the Spirit' work and laying hold of Christ's empowerment. I had learned how to let go of self-dependency, how to let go of children, how to let go of friends and neighbours, how to let go of the single life, how to let go of tthe work and efforts of one's hands, how to let go of churches...and, someday, I would learn how to let go of life itself"

-Selwyn Hughes
a man of God, ''giant of faith"

i really admire this man. who had a fierce passion for souls, great love for God above all who refused to stay down and had an indefatigable spirit that weathered the storms of life that brought about the losses of family members which included his beloved wife.

No comments: