Monday, January 01, 2007

01/01/2007

we've crossed over to 2007!

this marks a major milestone in my life because really for once, i'm so looking forward to the future despite the gloom and doom that seems to hang over our skies. for once, i broke the yearly tradition of cowering under my blanket on the eve of three impt events( my bday, christmas and new year).

i've always had this phobia of time passing. i get extremely sentimental and upset when i look back and see the little i've achieved. how i've often wasted my time..i'm very big on numbering my days and making them count, especially for Jesus and so far, for the past twenty over years,most of the time i look back in regret. i look back so far i often forget to look forward.

this year, i'm truly excited and filled with hope. maybe because i feel like i've scaled a moutain in 2006, probably one of my most difficult years and made it alive. on dec 31, as i stood before the throne of God, i just heartily sang my praises to Him to testify that i am standing and He is my victory. i know many times i felt like i couldn't possibly survive 2006 for a myriad of reasons but yesterday, i felt truly triumphant. i was on top of the mountain hailing God as my king and giving Him the glory and watching my enemies lick the dust off the ground in defeat.

they've sought to destroy me . this year, i'll launch the offensive and seek to destroy them and theirs. this year, i look forward to more gifts coming into maturity. few know what i'm talking about but i'm keeping them under wraps until the time comes. i'm excited and i want to use whatever i've been blessed with for the purposes of God. otherwise, i'll have lived not just 2006 but all my 23 years in vain. i look forward to certain dreams being fulfilled but most importantly, i've laid many dreams to rest. they've laid dead but i do not mourn, for they were not of God anyway. this year, as i dive deeper into intimacy with my Lord and king, i leave my dreams behind in the dearth of the earth and allow Him to script more beautiful ones for me and my loved ones to marvel at.

there's so much i wanto achieve and but this time, not a single one without Him. i'll let Him consume me this year while i fade myself into oblivion. i don't care about scaling greater heights in my career and acquiring more shoes/bags/dresses this year. afterall, i've already got the most beautiful garment of righteousness that money cannot buy. this year, i plan to add to that collection and just seek God for the cloak of humility. the rest, can really wait.

after having been prostrate with my face in the ground, i'm ready to arise and soar with Him beneath my wings. towards the sun.i'm eager to learn more about His love and walk in His ways. i'm not going to go ahead first and them later ask Him to bless and prosper my mistakes. after so many years, no matter how wisdom took to seep into my being, i'm learning to allow him to take the lead...or in the words of carrie underwood, ''take the wheel''. (someone shd play that song when i next take my driving test)

i'll shine so bright and love so hard so that world will know i'm His. i'll still fight my battles. but this time i'll fight under the banner of love-His banner. i look foward to taking on more of His likeness. its time to retire the old general in me but let the king of kings and lord of lords do it His style, His way.

No comments: