Sunday, March 09, 2014

Episode 235425

It is back.

And with a vengeance.

I didn't want to crawl out of bed despite being wide awake. I talk incessantly in my sleep and try to shout myself out of slumber but to no avail. The endless headaches, the laboured breathing and...the pain in my heart. They are mere symptoms of depression with anxiety related conditions.

I'm trying to cope with this the best I can but I struggle even to eat and do simple things like shower. Yikes I know but I'm just being awfully honest here.

Depression is the flu of the soul that sometimes can feel worse than death itself.

It is akin to cancer than threatens to relapse even when things are dandy.

There is no known cure for it at the present, making it a cousin of HIV.

It leaves the sufferer incarcerated in her own body to suffer alone, unable to verbalize the pain inside.

It is not a weakness as God knows how many a great men have fallen prey to this foreboding sickness but an affliction. It strikes when no one is looking, a sneaky enemy in stealth and no exact aim.

Since the battle is on, I'll wage war. The odds are stacked against me but we've won before so ...maybe we'll win again.

No comments: