Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday's rainbow

Today is the first day in a long while I woke up without that sickening force of nausea trying to force its way out of my throat.

On top of that, I've got news that my good friends whom I've not seen for awhile but have been corresponding with like good, old-school penpals are arriving this weekend! Super duper happy! Like me, they have left their jobs. Contrary to the sedentary life I seem to be leading with household chores and what-nots, they are embarking on a whole new adventure globe-trotting! I am so happy for them. They have endured such a difficult time working with my ex-employer and truly deserve the break. It was in these miseries that we bonded and before we knew it, a whole new friendship transcending timezones and physical distance was birthed! Thank God for the common medium of English though since they were Germans living in Amsterdam and I clearly speak no Dutch nor German.

Also, I am really thankful to meeting C and her new baby tomorrow. It's weird how we got reacquainted since we weren't really anything more than facebook acquaintances with hardly a shred of common ground. I don't know how we started talking and soon she began encouraging me in the Lord and I literally felt something reignited in me as she spoke. Fan the flames! So as usually unwilling to meet new people one on one (decade old really, so quite old) , much less go to their house, I'm actually excited about this one!

So amazed at how God is sending me friends and company even as I was complaining that I need human interaction and people. Ex colleagues have been texting me and now that I'm not their boss, all walls are broken down and it's really fun to chat with them.

Now, I need to return to my prayer closet before ADD arrested and distracted me with the compulsion to jot these little nuggets of sweetness down.

Laters!

No comments: