Saturday, March 16, 2013

Date with 姑姑 and ah Ma

Today was a wonderful day. I had a nice long afternoon with my Aunty and grandma.

My Aunty recently came back to The Lord after straying for 30 years or more. Life has hardened her resolve and made her so bitter and to personally witness a gentler milder her today was so refreshing. Seeing her like that, I was overwhelmed with gracefulness and struck by how faithful and merciful The Lord is to my family.

Growing up, she was always spoiling us with toys and treats that our parents wouldn't buy. She lavished her love on us and when we grew up, we got on with life and pretty much forgot about her. But she never stopped loving us. Now that her relationship with The Lord has been restored, I find her praying or us so much. She has also been encouraging me via SMS during the time I was sick. This so warmed my heart during this lonely desert season.

This episode gives me great confidence that god would continue to chase down and woo the other unsaved members of my family and for those who have strayed, he will unrelentlessly woo us down until we turn to the fold. I, so glad and relieved that he doesn't I've up on us because I don't know what would have become of me otherwise. Because we've been so blessed, a lot of us have been seduced and left the narrow path for the bright lights of our jobs and the pursuit of money. We have gotten our priorities wrong and chased all the other things instead of seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness. Then when the harsh lessons of life set in, instead of leaning on Him for strength and asking for mercy, we berate him like he owed it to us to continue to serve our plans for our lives. We demoted God almighty to a lowly butler whom we call at every whim and fancy to deliver our indulgent requests. All because he said he will never leave us nor forsake us.

In the days ahead I pray that I will walk worthy of this high calling to be one of His and truly be a disciple and take up the cross. God forbid I get lost in the maze of life again and be waylaid by wolves bearing promises of a better way and forsake the faithful one who loves me more than His own life.

Consecrate my family for your holy purposes!

No comments: