Sunday, August 26, 2007

when fear and faith collide

watched ''face the giants'' today. floodgate of tears ensued. not surprisingly of course.

life is really so much more than some one dimensional frivolous short-term goal (my life at least). and i hate it when other voices try to tell me otherwise. to sum it up most cryptically , life is about inhaling and exhaling Jesus. and all that He exhorted. to listen, to obey, to enjoy.

some people think i'm trying to lose touch with them. i don't know how to dispute that. it 's not entirely true (which means there's truth) but i can't share my burdens with you. i can't just work for money. if it's going to be all me that i work for, then i won't be able to last long.

unlike you. money is my servant and i refuse to let it take the lead and be my master. not now, not ever. i can't share anything with you of me lest you trample on it with condescension. you don't understand at all when i die inside watching the homeless man sleep under the bridge. or the old lady collecting cardboxes.

but money is not my enemy. it is my bridge to reach the disenfranchised, the poor. singapore can paint whatever beautiful picture it wants to and brush the lower strata of society under the carpet but i'm not going to walk on that carpet and pretend they're not there.

we're praying. but when its Your agenda above ours, i know You will cause it to come to pass. you know what we want to do. you know why we came in partnership. so use us. we already came so far. bring us all the way

when God is my partner, I have no choice but to dream big. looking in the face of my giants of fear of failure and a broken esteem in the eye knowing that when He is on my side, i've already won.

No comments: