Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Scars

scars are a reminder that something has taken place. and completed.

for example, the chicken pox scar on my nose is a reminder that i'll never have chicken pox again. the scar above my eyebrow is a reminder that i was born with a cyst and lived with it for 18 years before realizing that it was behaving like a pimple and had to have it removed. either way, it is not coming back. the operation concluded its tenure in the temple of the Holy Ghost.
the scars on my heart testify of many emotional battles, hurts, pains and rejections that are nonetheless, healed.

scars are unsightly and they ruin a pretty picture but they speak volumes. they testify of a journey, an experience and a process of pain AND healing that has concluded.

if you've never had a scar, whether seen or unseen, you've never been anywhere. you've never lived. and a life that has been lived fully, with twists, bumps, road humps and all is more beautiful than one that has been unscathed because its been so perfectly hidden the only thing that grows is mould.

which is why i like to look at those scars on Your wrists. because they remind me that i am Yours and the battle you fought for my soul. the battle You won. wear Your scar proudly as a medal. put them before my eyes daily. they remind me of a world of light that lives in my heart when darkness shrouds and my senses are numbed. they evoke hope, love and life.

today, in the ongoing battle in the realm of the unseen, let me see Your scars. so that i'll march forward valiantly knowing that's exactly what You did. and you had the greatest victory that history ever knew. that it was for me that the war was waged.

You've fought long and hard for me. now that i'm Yours, let me enforce that victory for the others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Xinying,

i love your blog, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside and keeps me updated on u.

i miss your company, friendship and msn presence :~|

hope to see u soon

thinking abt u n keeping u in prayer

Niq