Sunday, May 28, 2006

the question that cuts deep

"Do you love Me?"

it just occurred to me that the hard part of loving is more in the daily dying than dying. and in that daily dying, is when there is true living.

living means the concious choice to face the daily grind, to be an active part in the battle with the unseen. and it takes living for loving to be active.

i wanto shout 'i love you' from the mountain top to you but i realised that's not quite enough. my heart will always tell me that it's not enough.

**

"Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?"
He said to Him, "Yes Lord: You know that i love You." He said to him, "tend My sheep."

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the tird time, " Do you love Me?"
and he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that i love You."
Jesus said to him," Feed my sheep"

-The Gospel of John 21:15-17-

**

No comments: