Tuesday, May 23, 2006

His love is not a lie

I can only repeat this endlessly and i pray that someone will repeat it to me if i've been deceived to believe otherwise.

there is a verse in romans which im too lazy to dig up and quote on how nothing shall separate us from His love..not tribulations, distress ...etc.

and it just hit me that no matter what form the onslaught of the enemy takes, no matter what fiery trial or suffering is granted, no matter what in short, the purpose of it is to make us doubt the loveo f God. similarly, in the first temptation that was ever recorded, the serpent tried to make eve doubt the goodness and love of God...by insinuating that if He was so good and loving, why was that one tree deprived of them?

i'm so relieved that the onus is on Him and not me to keep me in His love. that nothing i do can make His love depart from me for it was His love that initiated the entire grand plan of redemption. that i haven't been separated from His love.

i regretfully admit that i've responded in anger and doubt instead of clinging to the unchanging truth of this verse when the storms of life brewed. its really one thing to say it THEN and another to say it NOW when things are good. now i've learnt (i hope) that my circumstances, just as my shortfalls should never be a measure of His love for me. infact, nothing should. it is afterall beyond measure. infact, i dare take the liberty to say that the cross is a mere expression of His vast love fo rme and nothing at all can truly truly illustrate the immense magnitude of it.

No comments: