Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Goodbye career

Yesterday while having tea with Chermaine, I got a call from a headhunter from somewhere in Europe propositioning me for a position as head of a department of a skincare company. For the uninitiated, that's my pet industry and it wouldn't be work but a hobby. Ideas flow freely and even the mundane chores are sprinkled with life because it is the apple of my eye.

Then he said this job requires frequent travelling. 4 days a week for 3 weeks a month. Korea, Hong Kong (yay!), south easy Asia.

Then I looked at Chermaine and nobody knows how hard it was for me to say no to that. I had to remind myself I was saying yes to something greater-my family and God. So saying no to this career, crazy pay package and going back to housewife mode felt like dying to myself, I had to hold fast that God knows and stick to Hos plan and my agreement with the husband.

It helped that Chermaine was there. Even though she didn't know who I was talking to, she's been so instrumental in re-steering my walk with God I felt like I drew strength from her to make a decision she would support.

So goodbye career. Hello, life and life more abundantly. I'm apprehensive but excited. I'm still fighting sleep disorder but I have hope.

No comments: