Tuesday, July 29, 2008

whee!

met up with adelene for dinner at coffee club at raffles place for her to pass me her wedding invite.

and as we were eating we heard this huge PIANGGGG sound. this poor guy walked right into the glass. i thought i found my long-lost twin. i had strange impulses to run up and toast him with my ice water.

but i noted my friend's esteemed down to earth auditor reputation and repressed my desires.

**

so now she's also getting married. which makes her the 5th in our batch. mgs class of 99 is really breakng the mgs trend with so many of us getting hitched relatively early. its like the year of mass marrying.

more to go in the next two few years.

and i think all who got married so early were 'surprises' as we weren't the kinds who always went on dates and all. (ok lah, me at least).

**
there's not much of me to start with today
but you can have it all
before the altar and the cross
12 keys lay
and i wonder who these are for

my next 24 hours
i lay them down before you
have every second
and inhabit them

i'll take the keys
unlock your presents
i won't bury them
like the unprofitable servant
you'd have wanted me to share

it's been a tiring day and i am spent
do not despise my 'widow's mite'
consume it with your holy fire
i know you count this at treasure

remind me please that life is more than this mundane drill
that my first ministry
should be you
sorry i've been a martha
sorry i'm presenting my leftovers
and not my first fruits

that's cain's first crime
i don't want it to be mine
please take the very best
not after i fry my brain with criminal minds.
even if its 5 loaves and 2 fishes
sorrows, worries and cares

You said be still and trust
my eyes tell me i'm gathering dust
tell me again you're on my case
tell me again that it's all by your grace
so i can quell the lies of my flesh
soak up your peace and find rest.

light the night sky with stars
send a fluffy cloud my way
let the moon smile at me tonight
tell me in every possible way
that i am your beloved.

but i guess the best possible way
is to still take me to the cross
to revisit the gruesome sight
where you hung and died

take me to the empty tomb
where you conquered death
fly me across the map
and stop me at heaven
at your throne
so i can jump on your lap

let me ride a unicorn
so i can beat the ERP
i won't have to worry about parking without poles
or if my cashcard has money

i'll be spinning with joy
and float like casper
i'll be dancing on water

till my fantasy ends.

No comments: