Saturday, May 03, 2008

brief update

am so glad to be back.
i just realized i hvae an uncanny love-hate relationship with HK, all because i got really sick on both trips this month there.

first one, i had a severe case of gastric and i was in a lot of pain at some ulu convention centre. and before i knew it, i did a merlion.
then just yesterday, i was being wrapped up in blankets and guzzling hot water as a fever raged on and my throat felt like i swallowed blades.

my consolation was that this time, mum was with me and she nursed me and prayed and prayed while i lay in bed shivering. i actually felt a tangible shift and release when she was done praying. my mum is such a prayer warrior. wish my mum could travel with me whereever i go.


sometimes it feels so surreal how its possible to shuttle so much in like 3 days. i cannot believe i was still in hk a few hours ago and now here i am. its kinda disconcerting and i feel like i've lost all my bearings.

and during my last trip to hk 2 weeks ago, i kept thinking i was in china.

off to bed. =/

No comments: